Shore Fishing Information

Information Regarding Shore Fishing and other Fishing Styles.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

 

Some Simple Shore Fishing Techniques

If you have noticed, I'm starting to update this blog a little bit more often. I feel that I kinda lacked in posting over the last couple of months and I apologize if I have let anyone down. I know some people love to shore fish, as well as myself so I'm trying to publish some more tips and tricks that will hopefully improve your fishing game.

So, every fishing style basically has its own techniques and different methods that you will need to master. Shore fishing is a little bit different then boat fishing as you are kinda limited as to where you can cast your line. As a result one thing you really need to learn how to do is cast your line into the water. The easiest reel for most fishermen to master and get used to is the spin casting reel. I also started out with this kind of reel as it is much easier to use. You are required to press the button and lift your arm over your shoulder and let her rip. Always make sure you have a little bit of slack in your line before casting, and let go of the button as soon as your arm is going in the forward motion.

ALSO, make sure that there is no one behind you, as getting a fishing hook in the lip is not a fun experience at all. It happens ALOT more then what most people would actually think, so pay attention to what is going on around you.

Fishing Locations

For fishing locations there are a few methods that I use. The first method is to ask other fishermen and see what works for the locals, especially if you are fishing in an area that you are unfamiliar with.

Most bait shop owners also know the area around their town or city pretty well, so a chat with them while you gear up might be a wise idea as well.

Most towns and cities will have networks of rivers and lakes that surround them. See if you can get a hold of a map and look for any types of lakes, ponds, and rivers that are on down the back roads.

As always, make sure that your hooks are sharp and that you are using the correct bait to catch your fish. If you want some tips on shore fishing tackle then check out my post I wrote earlier.

Shore Fishing Tackle

Well thats it for this quick post, stick around as I will be post much more over the next few days. I find that short smaller posts suit this blog better as you can get the information you want and then leave quickly. Long posts take forever to write and are hard to sit through and read, so look forward to more quick small updates here and there!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

May 2009   May 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]